Reports to: Head of Contracts
Location: Remote working
Bonnier Books UK are currently recruiting a motivated and forward-thinking individual on a full-time basis within the Contracts function of our fast-moving business.
- Expertly draft and negotiate contracts with external parties, seeking instructions from key stakeholders as necessary;
- Efficiently draft contracts either from templates or free-form drafting and in line with company policy and best practice to a high degree of accuracy with excellent competency in English language skills;
- Contracts dealt with will be those for authors, illustrators, designers, photographers, newspapers, merchandise and NDAs amongst others either directly or via agents;
- Develop and maintain close professional relationships with teams across the business at all levels;
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Highly and demonstrably experienced to an excellent standard in drafting and negotiating contracts from templates and free-form drafting – preferably at least 2 years relevant, high quality experience;
- Adept and experienced contract negotiator;
- High competence in the English language is essential both for writing and speaking;
- Calmly and confidently deal with many different people within and outside of the business at all levels;
- Motivated and keen to deliver a fast, but accurate, turnaround of work;
- Willing to learn and continually improve and develop business processes and personal skills;
- Able to correctly prioritise workload in the most efficient manner;
- Friendly, approachable and able to remain calm under pressure as well as maintaining positive relationships internally and externally;
- Experience in the publishing industry advantageous but experience of rights acquisition/exploitation within advance/royalty models in other media industries also beneficial.
In order to secure applications from the most suitable candidates wherever in the UK they are located, this role is 100% remote working (within the UK!). Laptop will be provided but a suitable, high quality internet connection is essential.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website. We look forward in hearing from you.
Bonnier Books UK is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in our workforce and we actively encourage applicants from these groups. For further information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan here
About Bonnier Books UK
At Bonnier Books UK, we believe that every book matters. We love to publish stories and content that open our eyes to new perspectives and bring us closer together. We offer a nurturing home for our authors, illustrators and brand partners, publishing bestselling books for readers and listeners everywhere. We know that fantastic stories can come from anywhere and our purpose is to bring them to as wide an audience as possible, a simple ethos that has led to us becoming one of the country’s leading publishers.
The offspring of Bonnier Books, a family-owned top-15 world publisher headquartered in Sweden, we are inspired by a rich literary heritage but not bound by convention. We think in generations rather than quarters, and strive always to operate in an open, curious way that contributes to the future of the planet and its people. As a climate-neutral publisher we are an active participant in the Science Based Target initiative, committed to a strategy to limit global warming to 1.5 °C.