Reports to: Rob Power, Head of Marketing & Publicity, Children's Books
Location: Victoria House, Bloomsbury Square, London
Working pattern: Flexible home working up to three days per week
Imprint: All Imprints in the children's division
Department: Children's Trade Publishing
Salary range: £32,000 – £37,000 per annum
Are you a publicist with a love for all things children’s fiction?
Bonnier Books UK is looking for a publicity manager to join its children’s trade team. Reporting to the head of marketing and publicity, you’ll be running publicity campaigns across our children’s list – with titles ranging from board books all the way through to YA TikTok smash hits, our authors include the likes of Holly Black, Stephen Mulhern and Jordan Ifueko, and we also work with incredible brands such as Disney and Marvel.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our creative, collaborative team at an exciting time of growth. You’ll devise and implement innovative, attention-grabbing publicity campaigns, build relationships with journalists, bloggers and influencers, and raise the profile of our imprints, authors and brands.
You’ll also play a key role in our events programmes, planning and curating everything from school events and signings through to multi-author panels and beyond. Familiar with the festivals calendar, you’ll be happy accompanying authors on the road, and author care will be second nature.
This role would suit a PR manager, or a marketing exec/press officer/publicist looking to take the next step. You’ll have experience securing press coverage across print, broadcast and digital, and be familiar with the publishing media landscape. You’ll be confident in your pitching abilities and have an excellent understanding of the children’s publishing calendar.
This is a rare opportunity to work on a truly extraordinary children’s list, suited to a dynamic individual that will bring energy, enthusiasm and ideas to the table and be able to thrive in a fast paced, highly creative environment.
- Plan and execute clear and effective publicity campaigns across both traditional and new media channels
- Work closely with editorial and sales teams to ensure maximum impact for all PR opportunities.
- Present PR strategy and campaigns to both internal and external stakeholder – including editors, agents, authors and more.
- Work with PR colleagues to develop our libraries and schools outreach programme.
- Maintain and develop relationships with journalists, producers, bloggers and influencers across the world of children’s publishing.
- Contribute to strategy and allocation discussions pertinent to the children’s marketing and publicity team
- Collaborate with team members on campaign planning and execution
- Be the primary POC internally for authors on allocated campaigns, and participate in author-facing discussions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrable experience working across commercial children’s fiction titles
- First class author care
- Proven track record generating print, broadcast and digital coverage for a broad range of authors and campaigns
- Experience across a range of children’s fiction, including pre-school, middle grade, teen and YA
- Event planning and organization, including author tours and workshops
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website. We look forward to hearing from you.
Bonnier Books UK is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in our workforce and we actively encourage applicants from these groups. For further information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan here.
At Bonnier Books UK, we believe that every book matters. We love to publish stories and content that open our eyes to new perspectives and bring us closer together. We offer a nurturing home for our authors, illustrators and brand partners, publishing bestselling books for readers and listeners everywhere. We know that fantastic stories can come from anywhere and our purpose is to bring them to as wide an audience as possible, a simple ethos that has led to us becoming one of the country’s leading publishers.
The offspring of Bonnier Books, a family-owned top-15 world publisher headquartered in Sweden, we are inspired by a rich literary heritage but not bound by convention. We think in generations rather than quarters, and strive always to operate in an open, curious way that contributes to the future of the planet and its people. As a climate-neutral publisher we are an active participant in the Science Based Target initiative, committed to a strategy to limit global warming to 1.5 °C.