Books Sales Channel Manager
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Closing Date: Thursday 05 September 2019
Emerald Group is a global learning organisation, with a presence in 130 countries worldwide. While its roots are in publishing, and bringing research to life, the group's corporate learning division provides learners with the insight and tools they need to overcome challenges, improve performance and excel in the workplace.
The Role & Team:
Emerald Publishing is seeking a commercially-driven Sales Channel Manager to lead the commercial delivery of our books programme, which has gained a significant reputation as ambitious, progressive and award-winning. We’re looking for someone who can deliver annual revenue targets through the effective management of channel relationships and leadership of Sales Account Executives in region. We’re flexible on location and welcome candidates based from our various international offices including Bingley, UK and Boston, USA.
What You’ll Be Doing:
This role supports revenue growth against Emerald’s objectives and books targets, sold through print trade and digital channels, both direct and via aggregators. This involves managing channel partners, distributors and Sales Account Executives, analyzing the market and results then making commercial decisions based on these, monitoring targets, identifying new opportunities, growing sales and acting on opportunities.
Who We’re Looking For:
- High personal drive and motivation
- Effective leadership and influencing skills
- Highly analytical
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good customer facing, marketing, presentation, business development and strategic thinking skills.
- Sales experience of print products in the publishing arena is a must; experience of digital products would be an advantage
- Experience managing channel partners, sales agents and distributor networks (print wholesalers, retailers, online booksellers)
Behaviours & Attributes:
- Commercial acumen, self-motivated and results-focused
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with others
- Takes pride in the achievement of team objectives
- High customer service ethic and passionate about meeting customer needs
What’s in It for You:
Emerald are an ambitious and growing business, committed to creating Real Impact. We offer an extensive benefits package as we highly value your Wellbeing and want to promote a flexible & engaging culture. This includes:
- Flexible working (early/late start/finish)
- Working from home
- Generous performance bonus
- 6% contribution pension
- Generous holiday allowance plus extra leave days over Christmas
- Life Assurance
- Newly refurbished canteen & staff lounge
- Free on-site gym
- Free tickets to selected Rugby & Cricket at Headingley Stadium
Nurturing fresh thinking that makes an impact
Emerald Publishing was founded in 1967 to champion new ideas that would advance the research and practice of business and management. Today, we continue to nurture fresh thinking in applied fields where we feel we can make a real difference, now also including health and social care, education and engineering. We publish over 300 journals, more than 2,500 books and over 1,500 case studies, via our dedicated research platform.
What matters to us:
Excellence: Always pursuing greatness, we take pride in everything we do.
Individuality: We have a strong sense of character, independence and spirit.
Ambition: We strive to go beyond what’s possible to delight our customers.
Purpose: Our entire motivation is to help our communities achieve better outcomes.
Curiosity: We listen, learn and challenge the status quo, paying attention to the details that matter.
Trust: Our open and responsive culture empowers people, creating transparency, responsibility and respect.
Click the button to apply on the Emerald Group Website.