Sales Manager – Trade Wholesale, Gift Retail and Mail Order Accounts
Bounce is the leading specialist sales agency for children’s books, representing some of the best Independent Children’s publishers across the UK and Europe. We have a strong track record of sales in both traditional and non-traditional markets, and pride ourselves on constantly seeking out new revenue streams for our growing list of Publishers.
The busy and varied role of Sales Manager has become available, and we are looking for an experienced sales person with a passion for Children’s Books to continue to grow our Publishers sales through key wholesalers and gift retailers including but not restricted to Gardners, House of Marbles, and Allsorted. This person would also be working closely with a varied list of Publishers providing considered sales feedback with the aim of supporting their Publishing strategy.
- Responsible for all title sales of Bounce Publishers to their allocated accounts and to seek out new business within these channels.
- To regularly present frontlist and backlist titles to each customer, according to their buying schedules ensuring conversations are followed up and orders managed.
- To develop special sales including special editions for these customers in concert with other members of the Bounce team and the relevant Publishers.
- To secure promotional plans with Gardners for all relevant Bounce Publishers, seeking authorisation for any promotional spend.
- To attend relevant Publisher meetings and to report on activity with their accounts as necessary
This is a challenging and exciting role joining what The Bookseller called a ‘crackerjack sales team’ and working with some of the best Independent Children’s Publishers. In return we can offer a competitive salary and other benefits.
Please send a CV with a covering letter indicating current salary to:
Emilie Harris, Trade Sales Director
CLOSING DATE Friday 15th July.