Department: Learning Media
Location: Shepherds Bush, London
Contract: Permanent (Full-Time)
Supporting an effective editorial process
Working closely with academic writers and production staff, you will have an important role to play in ensuring that files are supplied on time and to specification. From being involved in project management to carrying out critical editorial checks, you will use your strong communication skills to work closely with stakeholders throughout the process.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining accurate schedules throughout the publishing process
- Editing multiple projects to schedule and to the quality expected
- Co-ordinating the typesetting process in an effective and timely manner
- Working across MS Word and a content management system (CMS) to ensure final products have undergone quality editorial and proof checks
- Ensuring adequate instructions/briefs are provided to the typesetters, materials are tracked, and turnarounds are within the agreed timeframe
- Ensuring typesetter queries are responded to and all errors are recorded
- Ensuring that required checks and sign offs take place
- Liaising with stakeholders to ensure that authors give final QA approval before the product is published or sent to print
- Updating the internal scheduling system to accurately reflect the product status
- Supporting the Team Leader in taking on project management work
Join the BPP Family
The world is changing. Help us disrupt, innovate and achieve our collective goal of Building Careers Through Education. Established for over 40 years, we’re a global education provider delivering diverse qualifications for professionals at every stage of their career.
Committed? Passionate? Self-determined? Now’s your chance to be part of our exciting world.
Find more about joining the BPP family here.
What we’re looking for
- Ability to recognise clear, concise, well-written and grammatically correct material
- Editorial experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and good time management
- Ability to self-manage when working in a demanding environment during peak publishing cycles
- Good MS Word skills
- Concentration, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Creativity along with the ability to approach work methodically
- Ideally, you will have some experience with content management systems; however, relevant training will be provided.
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply today.