Editorial Assistant/Senior Editorial Assistant
Bristol University Press (BUP) is looking to appoint an Editorial Assistant (EA) or Senior Editorial Assistant (SEA) to join the commissioning team. They will work with an editor to support new and fast-growing social science lists in ‘business, management and economics’, ‘science, technology and society’, and ‘research methods’. They will support the editor in the commissioning and project management of academic monographs and edited collections, textbooks, and scholarly trade titles. This involves coordinating the peer review processes, working with authors to ensure timely delivery of manuscripts, liaising with internal departments including sales, marketing and production, and maintaining records in the publishing system.
We are looking for an ambitious and driven candidate who will play a key role in building an exciting publishing programme and contributing to the success of BUP.
The Press will appoint at either EA (Grade E) or SEA (Grade F) level based on demonstrable skills and experience.
We are currently operating a blended working policy with a minimum one day per week in office requirement (based in central Bristol on campus).
What will you be doing?
The EA/SEA is mainly responsible for:
- overseeing the proposal and contracted typescript peer review processes
- preparing internal book project paperwork, including financial costings
- liaising with authors and series editors to ensure the timely delivery of manuscripts
- maintaining database records and running reports
- undertaking market research and analysing findings
- providing other administrative support to the commissioning team
You should apply if
- Experience in an administrative role
- Proven ability to juggle priorities and work with little day-to-day supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of work in a publisher or similar environment (e.g. post-graduate research in relevant academic department)
- Knowledge of the publishing process and industry knowledge of the publishing process and industry, or an ability to acquire it quickly
For informal queries please contact Paul Stevens on email@example.com.
Interviews anticipated 31 January 2022
We welcome applications from all members of our community and are particularly encouraging those from diverse groups, such as members of the LGBT+ and BAME communities, to join us.