We have a fabulous new opportunity, to work for a highly successful scientific publisher as their their new Business Development Account Manager. This exciting and varied new role sits within their Marketing Services focused team and is a sales position with the aim of managing a portfolio of existing clients, renewing business, as well as developing relationships with new clients, to generate advertising campaign revenue on their various digital platforms within the company.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial Strategy, key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Identifying and planning appropriate mailing and calling campaigns to develop client base
- Respond to client enquiries and requests and responsible for incoming enquiries for advertising sales
- Oversee client-specific campaigns along with the delivery teams to provide feedback to clients regarding ROI and success of campaign
- Create bespoke proposals tailored to client’s specific requirements and expectations
- Create customised proposals and engage in negotiations with clients to close deals and establish relationships
- Work closely with internal client services; editorial, marketing teams to ensure client expectations are met
- Client meetings, to discuss existing and new potential opportunities
This is a great opportunity for someone with prior experience in scientific publishing sales. You will need a passion for building relationships with people as well as an interest in media/publishing/advertising. You will be willing to undertake all aspects of sales generation, including researching and identifying contacts, and emails, to generate sales leads. As such, the role requires someone with a creative/confident personality along with the drive of a successful sales person.
This role carries a highly attractive salary and an excellent bonus scheme with loads of company incentives. If you would like further information, please send your CV with a short note outlining your salary and interest.