We have a fabulous new opportunity for a motivated and experienced Account Manager to work for a London based, successful scientific publishing company, within their Commercial Division, as their new Business Development Account Manager. This exciting and varied new role sits within the Marketing Services team and is a business development position with the aim of managing a portfolio of existing clients, renewing business, as well as developing relationships with new clients, to generate advertising campaign revenue for their brand-new digital platform. This role offers hybrid working of 1-2 days a week working from home.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Identifying and planning appropriate mailing and calling campaigns to develop client base
- Respond to client enquiries and requests and responsible for incoming enquiries for advertising sales
- Oversee client-specific campaigns along with the delivery teams to provide feedback to clients regarding ROI and success of campaign
- Create bespoke proposals tailored to client’s specific requirements and expectations
- Create customised proposals and engage in negotiations with clients to close deals and establish relationships
- Work closely with internal client services; editorial, marketing teams to ensure client expectations are met
- Client meetings, to discuss existing and new potential opportunities
- Skilled at pitching bespoke solutions to prospective clients
This is a great opportunity with loads of scope to develop your career within the team and the wider company, as our client is keen for you to benefit from the expertise of the entire company. The ideal person will have demonstrable sales/account management experience ideally from an academic, scientific or B2B publishing background. You will need a passion for building relationships with people as well as an interest in media/publishing/advertising. You should be willing to undertake all aspects of sales generation, including researching and identifying contacts, cold calling and emails, to generate sales leads. As such, the role requires someone with a creative/confident personality along with the drive of a successful sales person.
This role carries a very attractive salary, an excellent bonus scheme with a lot of incentives and great company benefits. If you would like further information, please send your CV with a short note outlining your salary and interest.