We are looking for a first-class sales professional to help build the presence of this leading international publishing organisation.
This role will be responsible for running successful new product launches, dealing with lecturers, librarians and students with a customer-centric approach. The role will be based in London with campus calling in the UK and Europe. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a track record in needs-based selling and may suit a sales rep looking to step into sales/marketing management, or a marketing manager who is looking for more direct exposure to customers.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with editorial and marketing to turn competitive advantages into products from their inception
- Ensuring sales materials clearly communicate the products positioning and message
- Work with the academic community and feedback to editorial on market trends and lecturer needs
- Using data acquisition, social selling and marketing campaign planning to set the strategy for marketing lead generation
- Winning adoptions through needs-based solution selling to UK and European customers
- Managing an opportunity pipeline; maximizing the commercial revenue stream to sell directly to decision makers and customers
This is the perfect opportunity to broaden your academic sales experience and bring your experience to a broader and more responsible role.
The successful person will have:
- 3yrs+ experience, with a successful track record in needs-based selling from an academic/HE book market– maybe experience as a rep now looking to take ownership of your own portfolio in a more responsible role
- Account management (desirable, but this is not an account manager role)
- Ability to take ownership of your own portfolio
- Commercially astute, with strong market knowledge
- Fantastic communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, with a consultative sales approach
This role provides a generous basic salary with laptop, phone and a generous achievable sales bonus.
This is not a home based role.
For more information on this great opportunity, please forward your CV and salary expectations.