Business Process Administrator
Pan Macmillan UK is one of the largest general book publishers in the UK, with imprints including Macmillan, Mantle, Pan, Picador, Bluebird, Boxtree, Sidgwick & Jackson, Bello, Tor, Kingfisher, Macmillan Children's Books, Campbell Books, Two Hoots, Macmillan Collector’s Library and Macmillan Digital Audio. Pan Macmillan is part of the Macmillan Publishing Group.
This is a new, fixed term role for a duration of 12 months that is being recruited in order to support the Business Process and Digital Operations teams during the period of maternity leave of the Head of Business Process.
The key tasks of the role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the Business Analyst and Digital Operations Controller with the monthly Biblio induction programme for new starters, producing any required documentation for these sessions.
- Help create departmental Biblio user guides based on best practice and update existing guides, as required, based on changes to the Biblio system or internal working practices.
- Support the Business Process team – and wider business – with any data updating tasks.
- Work closely with the Digital Operations Controller to oversee the timely release of our ebook titles via our online distribution channels.
- Provide assistance to the Digital Operations Controller when price updates are required to the Biblio system in order to reflect any changes or promotions.
- Document internal ‘as-is’ processes from around the business and help the Business Analyst to communicate any recommended changes to process by creating clear guidelines and process diagrams.
- Provide general administrative support to the Business Analyst and Digital Operations Controller.
- Compile meeting agendas and take minutes as required.
- Take ownership for the Biblio and Process pages on Confluence (company intranet) to ensure that they are kept up-to-date.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent written and oral communications skills
- Be adept at time management and prioritization
- Self-motivated and keen to learn new processes and systems
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word and Excel; knowledge of Google Suite (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive)
The position will initially be fully remote, ahead of a phased return to our central London offices in Farringdon.
To apply, please submit your named CV and named covering letter confirming your current salary and notice period, quoting reference PAN/024/20 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application
Closing date: 9th August 2020
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for the vacancy.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.