Desk Editor, Illustrated Non-fiction Craft, Interiors and Gift
Company: Ryland Peters & Small and CICO Books
Location: Central London
Salary description: Dependent on experience
Ryland Peters & Small and CICO Books is an international co-edition publisher of illustrated craft, interiors, food & drink, gift, and lifestyle titles. We are looking for an energetic and creative editor with meticulous desk editing skills and a proven interest in craft and interiors publishing.
- Copy-editing and project-managing a range of illustrated books from inception to finished copy, including devising structure and content and working closely with authors.
- Liaising closely with the design and production departments, and with the sales department.
- Writing creative copy for book jackets and sales and publicity materials.
- Participating in the development of the publishing programme by contributing new ideas.
Experience and skills
- A particular interest in craft and interiors and in upcoming trends both in the UK and the US.
- Strong copy-editing and proofreading skills – the role requires meticulous attention to detail, as well as sound technical ability. Relevant experience in editing illustrated non-fiction would be beneficial.
- The ability to produce creative copy, both as part of the copy-editing process and for sales and publicity materials.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure and as part of a small team.
- A working knowledge of InDesign CC plus proficiency in all aspects of editing to layout on an Apple Mac.
Closing date for applications is 21st May 2021. Successful applicants will be contacted and invited to attend an interview.