A lovely independent children's publisher based in Suffolk is looking for a Commercial Analyst ! This role will sit within the Operations and Finance teams supporting all departments to improve the financial input. This role will involve analysing operational and financial performance, processing data and reports, along with influencing commercial decision to move the business forward.
- Assist with product costing, pricing, and profitability planning at the design stage.
- Monitor production costs against planned costs & report variations.
- Monitor and report on planned product profitability against actual profitability.
- Analyse market data to identify sales trends and advise on possible areas of growth and business development.
- Assist with Business Planning to develop monthly profit centre targets for all sales channels & territories across the business.
- Analyse the pay back derived from various forms of marketing & promotional spend.
- Assist with profitability and sales channel analysis.
- Analyse stock performance - profitability, stock turnover, Sale or Return, Damages and obsolescence.
This role is ideal for someone who has previous experience with working with data and fantastic analytical skills, commercial acumen, excellent attention to detail, and a great eye for numbers. Publishing experience would be a bonus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team and make a real impact on the business.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.