A lovely Trade Publisher based in central London is looking for a Commercial Analyst for 12 months ! This role will sit within the Trade commercial team covering Children's and Adults publishing providing insightful commercial information to improve and grow the business. This role will involve analysing operational and financial performance, processing data and reports, along with influencing commercial decision to move the business forward.
- Assist with product costing, pricing, and profitability planning at the design stage
- Implementation of robust internal control framework to monitor and control costs throughout the book life cycle;
- Monitor production costs against planned costs & report variations.
- Monitor and report on planned product profitability against actual profitability.
- Analyse market data to identify sales trends and advise on possible areas of growth and business development.
- Assist with Business Planning to develop monthly profit centre targets for all sales channels & territories across the business.
- Analyse the pay back derived from various forms of marketing & promotional spend.
- Assist with profitability and sales channel analysis.
- Developing new reporting structures to support the Consumer Strategy, including brand reporting, title count tracking and list shape reviews.
This role is ideal for someone who has previous experience with working with data and fantastic analytical skills, commercial acumen, excellent attention to detail, and a great eye for numbers. Publishing experience would be a bonus.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing team and make a real impact on the business.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.