We are working on a lovely Commissioning Editor role with an academic publisher based in London. Joining them for an initial 12 months cover, you will be commissioning some exciting Higher Education programmes covering both print and digital resources, while managing an editorial assistant.
They can offer hybrid working with 2 days a week in the office.
- Actively commission original content, new editions and digital components for allocated lists
- Monitor the market and publishing competitors, looking at how intelligence can help inform the publishing strategy
- Liaise with editors and authors to ensure timely content delivery and publication
- Oversee roadmap for digital development across a number of digital platforms
- Line manage one editorial assistant, supporting them through their professional development
This is an incredible opportunity for a commercially minded publishing professional with a solid knowledge of the Higher Education market. We are looking for someone with ideally some commissioning experience and skills, and the ability to work across multiple formats (ie. textbooks, digital resources, etc.) and with excellent knowledge of the editorial process.
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.