Are you an Editor with a passion for Christian literature? A trade publisher of Christian faith titles in Oxford is looking for a Commissioning Editor to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to acquire, develop and oversee books and other associated media.
- Responsible for acquiring and developing an agreed number of books per annum
- Oversee editorial development of books acquired
- Deliver new title releases on time and within budget
- Collaborate with internal teams and develop relationships with authors
- Contract and develop contracted books
- Attend conferences when required and represent assigned publishing categories/imprints to the wider company and the broader publishing community
Experience / skills required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a degree in English or theology advantageous
- A passion for Christian literature with experience in fiction/non-fiction and illustrated colour books
- Ability to multi-task with excellent communication, team-working and interpersonal skills
- Ability to network with authors, agents and publishers
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe and InDesign
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills and good numeracy skills an advantage
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Parissa Bagheri
Tel: 0203 574 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.