A fantastic opportunity has come up in a global scientific publisher with offices based in central London to join their editorial team as a Commissioning Editor.
The role will be split between editorial responsibilities and market research across Maths, Engineering and Physics subjects. Working as part of a team, the successful Commissioning Editor will be responsible for:
- Commissioning new titles as well as new editions of backlist titles
- Negotiating contracts with authors and contributors
- Building up a professional network of contacts in the field and developing relationships
- Creating product proposals with an understanding of costings
- Developing commissioning strategies by identifying trends in the market
- Working with the marketing team to devise promotional strategies
- Ensuring close communication with all internal departments
We're looking for someone with previous publishing experience and an expertise in any of the fields. If you've been identifying and reaching out to potential authors, and have commissioning experience, do get in touch!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.