We're looking for an enthusiastic and commercially-minded Commissioning Editor to join the team of a friendly independent publisher in their London office. Our client is a fast-growing publisher of wellbeing, self-help and self-development books, and they're looking to appoint a Commissioning Editor to actively commission and oversee the publication of books across mono and illustrated titles.
Key responsibilities of the Commissioning Editor:
- Commission new titles, suggesting new initiatives and projects and scouting for new voices and talent
- Liaising with agents and authors, including negotiating agreements and organising book promotion initiatives
- Being responsible for concept development of new projects, from pitching proposals and commissioning authors, to managing P&L's and briefing design and marketing collaborators
- Looking after the structural editing, flat planning, budgeting and scheduling of your titles
- Identifying promotional channels and working closely with Marketing and Sales teams to maximise the book promotion and media coverage
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and creative editor, with a strong sense of market trends, and the ability to source new talent and manage multiple projects at the same time. Previous experience and/or knowledge of the wellbeing market, as well as an existing network of contacts, will be advantageous.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link (http://www.btbs.org/) to check eligibility and further support.