Are you an experienced Commissioning Editor of non-fiction content? Do you have an interest in arts and visual culture? Our independent publisher client has an exciting opportunity to join their academic publishing list as a Commissioning Editor. This role will be to oversee their Visual Arts imprint and to help develop their academic division. This is a permanent, full-time role based at their London offices.
- Monitor, review and analyse the performance of the frontlist and backlist and ensure key business goals are met
- Research, commission and develop new books and book series to annual targets
- Develop market knowledge and collaborate with the Digital Resources division to commission and develop new digital products
- Coordinate peer review and market research to ensure quality of proposals and manuscripts
- Work with authors and internal teams to deliver effective and timely publishing outcomes
- Attend campus visits and sales conferences in the UK and internationally when required
Experience / skills required:
- Proven experience commissioning non-fiction content with a creative and commercial approach to list development, management and commissioning
- Team player with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Organisation, time management and problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail and competent with publishing software systems
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Parissa Bagheri
Tel: 0203 574 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.