We are excited to be partnering with a leading education technology (EdTech) organisation focused on the delivery of widely recognised learning certifications, exams and qualifications for professionals around the world. They are looking for a Commissioning Editor (Digital Content) to join their talented team! This role offers hybrid working with ideally 1-2 days spent per week in the company's central London office (if that's problematic, let us know what works for you). It offers an excellent salary package!
The main remit of the Commissioning Editor (Digital Content) will be to commission and produce digital content for the company's membership and subscription platforms. You will manage the output of a team of content creators and be responsible for high-quality digital content. Responsibilities will include (amongst others):
- Commission, create and manage the production of high-quality written digital content
- Manage the digital content budget
- Plan and oversee the schedule of the Digital Content team's work ensuring that resources are in place, and provide guidance on tone, content, schedules, and target audiences
- Train and advise digital content creators in using the web content management system
- Meet KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) including website sessions, blog production numbers, article production numbers, and readership
- Lead the production of blog posts & articles, (commissioning, editing, publishing) and maintain the editorial standards across all digital content
- Act as first point of contact for colleagues with questions about subscription and membership platforms, working collaboratively to solve challenges
- Work with external and internal subject matter experts to enable them to express their ideas clearly and concisely
The ideal Commissioning Editor (Digital Content) will have experience in commissioning, writing, editing, and creating digital content for an online professional audience, the education or learning sector, or for an online publication. Stakeholder management and project management skills along with experience of using content management systems will be really important. It will also be highly valuable for the Commissioning Editor (Digital Content) to have experience of managing budgets as well as the ability to prioritise, delegate, or escalate tasks when necessary. Strong communication and organisation skills are a must! To find out more about this exciting new role get in touch ASAP!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.