A leading educational publisher, based in Dublin, is looking to appoint a Commissioning Editor for their Primary publishing team. The successful candidate will research, commission and oversee the development and maintenance of competitive products in the Primary market segment that meet teachers’ needs. This position will be a hybrid working role requiring some working in the company’s Dublin offices.
Reporting to the Head of Primary, your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake market research on specific educational trends, products and subject areas and complete direct and indirect competitor analyses
- Developing strong networks amongst the teaching community and general education sector
- Creating customer-focussed, competitively positioned and commercially viable proposals for new, revised or enhanced products
- Working closely with authors and the digital and editorial teams from the beginning to the end of the product life cycle
- Acting as product ambassador for your subject areas; provide training and support to customer facing roles in the sales and service functions of the business
Excellent communication skills will be important as will your demonstrable ability to work independently as well as being part of a team. You will have a high level of organisational and decision-making skills and a strong personal drive for success. You will be genuinely interested in educational material and will desire to be involved in the future of the educational sector.
Experience in creating highly illustrated, educational books and blended print and digital programmes will be a significant advantage in this role.
For further details on this exciting position, please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your salary expectations.