An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a prestigious ELT (English Language Teaching) publisher as a Commissioning Editor, to work across their expanding publishing programme. This role offers a competitive salary and hybrid working from the company's London office.
As Commissioning Editor you will work on a range of ELT learning materials (digital and print) including course books and teacher resources for the schools market (all ages) in the Middle East. Responsibilities include:
- Commission and publish high-quality print, audio and digital learning materials.
- Manage complex projects with fixed budgets and deadlines.
- Coordinate teams of authors, educational consultants, editors, designers and illustrators.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Create and maintain schedules.
- Content edit and copy edit learning materials.
- Brief for artwork and advise on picture research.
- Brief for audio, video and digital material creation, and coordinate checking.
- Coordinate digital content uploads and ensure that they display correctly.
- Respond to client feedback and raise effective queries.
- Attend and speak at conferences and teacher training events.
The Commissioning Editor will ideally have solid experience in ELT publishing, from having previously developed educational products and teaching and learning content. As well as the ability to build and manage successful relationships, the Commissioning Editor will have excellent attention to detail and strong problem-solving and project management skills. Experience of producing learning materials for the Middle Eastern market would be beneficial but not essential. To find out more get in touch ASAP!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.