Are you a life sciences graduate with a passion for scientific communication and publishing?
We have a new exciting vacancy with a global scientific publisher who are looking to hire a Commissioning Editor for one of their prestigious life science journals. This company is very open to applicants with limited publishing experience, but with an academic background in a relevant subject area.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the managing Editor with the day-to-day running of the journal, overseeing the content pipeline and helping with quality control
- Liaising with the Editorial Board and managing relationships with stakeholders
- Contributing to social media promotion with new ideas and content
- Writing news articles and creating additional digital content
- Commissioning topical articles on topical new trends and research, keeping abreast of latest scientific advances in the life sciences fields
Although any experience within scientific communications or publishing is desirable, the only must have requirements to apply for this role are a background in life sciences, strong literacy skills and good organisation.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.