A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen with a globally renowned publishing company who are seeking a part-time Commissioning Editor (4 days per week) for a parental leave contract of 12 months. The role offers a competitive salary, and benefits, alongside hybrid working with a requirement for working 1 day per week (Thursdays) in their central London office.
As Commissioning Editor for the education lists, sat within the supportive and inclusive academic publishing team, you will assume commercial responsibility and provide strategic direction for developing the publishing for the language and education portfolio, as well as act as editorial subject lead for a specific area of education. Responsibilities will include (amongst others):
- Provide strategic direction and have commercially responsibility for an area of the academic education publishing portfolio in conjunction with the Senior Publisher
- Act as the subject lead for digital products, working in collaboration with project teams, including commissioning and coordinating of ongoing editorial content
- Research new product lines and markets for books
- Identify, manage and secure new book and digital resource publishing partnerships
- Act as a spokesperson for the education lists, and ensure that the education lists meet key business goals: global growth plans, revenue, budgets etc.
The successful Commissioning Editor will have strong and relevant editorial experience in the educational research or academic publishing market with a track record in commissioning content, author management and contract negotiation. They will be up to date with the latest education research or academic initiatives and be commercially astute with excellent communication and organisation skills, as well as possess exceptional editorial standards. To find out more about this exciting opportunity to join a global publisher, get in touch ASAP!
Inspired Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.