Are you an experienced and enthusiastic Commissioning Editor of non-fiction content? Do you have an interest in nautical titles? An independent publisher in Oxford is looking for a Commissioning Editor to join their team and work on some of the best special interest titles. This role will offer you an opportunity to work with authors, agents, photographers, illustrators and designers.
This is a part-time (3 days a week) 12-month maternity contract role. This role will be based at home until the publisher’s office reopens.
- Commission new titles and new editions of the backlist to maximise revenue
- Maintain solid market awareness and monitor market trends
- Pitch new titles to acquisitions meetings and work closely with publicity and marketing team
- Meet with foreign publishers and rights team to discuss titles and promotions
- Present books to the marketplace, oversee Amazon feed, design and layout
Experience / skills required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in trade book publishing, ideally developing a list
- Knowledge of the nautical market and key industry figures would be an advantage
- Solid negotiation skills on contract, scheduling and editorial conflicts
- Excellent proofreading and copy-editing skills
- Work knowledge with Biblio will be an advantage
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to Clarechan@atwoodtate.co.uk
Contact: Clare Chan
Tel: 020 3574 4428
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.