Do you have commissioning experience in UK educational publishing? Are you looking to work more autonomously and take the next step in your career? In this role you will drive market research and commissioning new titles and series, shaping your list ownership based on your interests and experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to join this award-winning publisher based in central London as a Commissioning Editor or a Publisher depending on previous experience.
- Conduct market research across a range of UK vocational markets
- Commission new titles to meet market needs across print and digital
- Manage backlist and ensure profitable growth of own lists
- Build and develop solid relationships with authors
- Work with colleagues to ensure deadlines are met and promote titles effectively
- Collaborate with teachers, students, awarding organisations and relevant industry bodies
Experience / skills required:
- Solid commissioning experience in UK education is required
- Knowledge of vocational qualifications and further education markets is an advantage
- Experience researching markets and developing commercially viable projects
- Experience developing resources for UK colleges or schools
- In-depth understanding of educational markets needs and issues
- Creative and commercially driven attitude with the ability to work independently
- Excellent relationship building skills with a customer-focused approach
Applications ASAP please
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.