If you are commercially minded with commissioning experience in educational/academic publishing, then this Commissioning Editor/Publisher might just be the right role for you! Based in central London at a well-established and thriving publisher, this position will focus on international titles across a number of subjects. This is a unique opportunity for a commissioning editor to join a friendly growing team, with excellent prospect for career development and progression.
- Commission new international print and digital products to meet targets
- Conduct market research and take responsibility for business cases and costing
- Work with authors and consultants to develop market-focused products
- Manage projects to ensure deadlines and budgets are met
- Monitor backlist titles to ensure they are up to date and stock levels are maintained
- Travel internationally as required
Experience / skills required:
- Commissioning experience within educational/academic publishing is essential
- Experience of setting budgets and managing schedules is required
- Excellent experience working with authors and developing and managing relationships
- A commercial and customer-focussed mind set
- Strong project management skills with the proven ability to see a project through to completion
Applications ASAP, please.
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.