A highly successful, global academic publisher has a number of openings for ambitious journals professionals who would like to become a Commissioning Editor. These roles can be worked on a fully remote basis if desired, but you will need to be UK based.
As a member of the global content acquisition team, you will commission high-quality article submissions and deliver an ongoing pipeline of publisher material across a broad scope of journals in a range of subjects including STM, Social Sciences and Humanities. You will need to build relationships with the research community and work closely alongside journal Editors and Editorial Boards, as well as Editorial, Marketing and Operation colleagues.
These are highly varied and interesting roles where some of your responsibilities include:
- You will identify key target researchers and research groups to develop and implement structured commissioning plans.
- You will commission high-quality, relevant content for a range of titles across the journal portfolio, delivering content within specified timeframes.
- You will build strong networks with these researchers via 1:1 discussion and presentations
- You will develop a thorough knowledge of Editorial Policies.
- You will continually build your knowledge across subject areas, developing your profile as a Commissioning Editor.
- Demonstrable commissioning experience
- An active interest in open access and open science
- Strong organisational skills, efficiency and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize effectively and to work to (often competing) deadlines
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving
- Able to work cooperatively with local and global colleagues at all levels
- A high level of computer literacy (including MS Office, Outlook and internet browsers)
Candidates will have demonstrable communication and influencing skills in written and spoken English.
These roles carry an attractive salary and bonus, plus excellent company benefits.
For further details on these fantastic opportunities to build your publishing career, please send your CV and a short cover note, outlining your salary expectations.