Do you have experience of commissioning educational content for a range of different uses and channels? Would you enjoy working within a really friendly team? An educational publishing organisation which focuses on professional learning is looking to appoint a Commissioning Executive to join their successful team. In this role you will identify, commission, and help to onboard and guide subject matter experts to fulfil a range of course team roles in respect of students gaining qualifications, and learning opportunities, across the business areas as required. This hybrid working position will be mainly remote working but you will need to attend the office (London or Canterbury) very occasionally for meetings and training.
• Working with colleagues to review potential subject matter experts to determine expertise for different roles
• Maintaining and developing role descriptors for course team
• Ensuring that Subject Matter Experts have the expertise and skillset to deliver against the requirements of the course design
• Preparing a commissioning brief for each qualification informed by syllabus content, learning design and appropriate pedagogic methodologies
• Reviewing SME submissions from a commissioning perspective as per agreed processes
• Attending relevant conferences, seminars and other events to identify new Subject Matter Experts
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with strong influencing skills who can assess the skills and experience offered by SME’s to fulfil a range of roles within, or on behalf of the organisation. The successful person will be educated to degree level or equivalent and ideally have some experience of working in the education sector. You should be able to represent the organisation in a professional manner to external stakeholders. Experience of negotiating agreements would also be useful but is not essential.
If this role sounds like your next career move and you would like further details, please send your CV and salary expectations.