We have a great new opportunity working for a London based B2B publishing company as a Conference Manager. This is a fabulous role for an experienced conference/events producer looking for the next step in conferences and events. This is a unique opportunity to work on a focused portfolio of market-leading events and brands, where the product focus is around paid for subscriptions, conferences, awards, digital insight and bespoke marketing solutions.
Reporting to the Event Director, the Conference Manager will be responsible for identifying and producing industry leading, commercially viable repeat conference and events and validating new topic ideas. This role will also be responsible for overseeing the delivery of all events in the portfolio including those produced by freelancers.
Some of the responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Research and analyse the feasibility of repeat events
- Event creation (concept, format and agenda)
- Maximise existing events to ensure they meet ‘need to know’ requirements, to guarantee attendance
- Conduct detailed research by phone and in person with key industry figures to determine validity of topics, key themes, speaker’s competitor landscape etc.
- Analyse past delegates to determine appropriate pricing and targeting
- Establish growth areas for existing events or new events
- Develop session formats appropriate to demands of the delegate audience
The successful person will have:
- Demonstrable research skills – proven research and analytical skills – critical in identifying and deciding the direction of a topic – at least 4-5 years
- Great presentation skills
- Clear understanding and delivery of core conference KPI’s
- Sharp copywriting skills
- Proven research and analytical skills – critical in identifying and deciding the direction of a topic
- Strong commercial awareness and a clear comprehension of profit and loss/basic business principles
- Analytical and able to interpret data to shape ideas
For further information on this Conference Manager role please forward your CV with your availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org