A highly successful global STM publisher of open research has an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to set up and lead a highly efficient team of Content Commissioning Editors, to acquire high-quality article submissions for a broad range of journals. This will involve recruiting and training a team of Commissioning Editors, working with relevant Publishing and Editorial teams to develop and oversee a content development and commissioning strategy. The role will also be hands-on in analysing research fields and growth areas and refining strategies for content development and generating ideas to support the development of new strategies for increasing article submissions. The role can be worked remotely, or a flexible working arrangement is also offered.
Some of the key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Recruit and train a team of Content Commissioning Editors and lead, performance manage and develop these Editors
- Ensure objectives for direct reports are clear and are supported and incentivised to achieve goals
- Coordinate the commissioning strategies across the team and work closely with the publishing and editorial teams, as well as global commissioning teams to monitor and refine the strategy, to deliver an ongoing solid pipeline of new article content
- Deliver against targets for submissions across a range of locations and/or subject areas on the platforms
- Regularly conduct structured analysis of relevant scientific fields using a range of tools to determine areas of growth and potential opportunities for commissioning
- Introduce research communities to the company’s Open Access and Open Science activities
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of developing and delivering a content development strategy and experience of leading a team and building and refining effective workflows. You should have an active interest in open access, open data and open science.
What we are looking for:
- Demonstrable commissioning experience, and passionate about open access and open science and the move to open research, as well as academic publishing more broadly
- Line management experience
- Experience of monitoring and refining workflows
- A high level of digital literacy
- Willing to represent the company at external events
- Excellent analytical skills, and strong familiarity with databases and tools to analyse and monitor scientific fields and identify growth areas
This role offers a very attractive salary plus bonus and an excellent benefits package.
For more detailed information please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining your interest and salary expectations.
For an informal, confidential chat please contact us on: +44 (O) 207 048