A highly successful global STM publisher of open research has an exciting new opportunity for two motivated individuals to lead a highly efficient team of Content Acquisition Editors, to acquire high-quality article submissions across a range of subject areas, from Life Science, Physical Science, through to Social Science and Humanities. This will involve recruiting and training a team of Editors, working with Publishing and Editorial teams to develop and oversee a content development and commissioning strategy. The role will also be hands-on in analysing research fields and growth areas and refining strategies for content development and generating ideas to support the development of new strategies for increasing article submissions. We are currently looking for two Content Acquisitions Manager, one to be based in the UK, and one to be based in Germany. The roles can be worked remotely, or a flexible working arrangement is also offered.
Some of the key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Recruit and train a team of Content Acquisition Editors and lead, performance manage and develop these Editors
- Ensure objectives for direct reports are clear and are supported and incentivised to achieve goals
- Work with Head of Content Acquisition to set commissioning targets and monitor and report on progress
- Work closely with other internal publishing teams to supervise and refine the overarching strategy as well as individual strategies
- Deliver against targets for submissions across a range of locations and/or subject areas on the platforms
- Build strong networks with a range of research communities and maintain regular contact with researchers regarding editorial projects
The successful candidates will have demonstrable experience of developing and delivering a content development strategy and ideally have experience of leading a team, plus an active interest in open access, open data and open science.
What we are looking for:
- Publishing experience, ideally in commissioning, and passionate about open access and open science and the move to open research, as well as academic publishing more broadly
- Line management experience
- Data and process driven with sound analytical skills and a familiarity with key databases and tools
- A high level of digital literacy
- Willing to represent the company at external events
These roles offer a very attractive salary plus bonus and an excellent benefits package.
For more detailed information please send your CV and a short covering letter outlining your interest and salary expectation.
For an informal, confidential chat please contact us on: +44 (O) 207 048