We have a great new role working for a highly-respected EdTech organisation, which supports students through the process of university admissions. Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit a Content Commissioning Editor. This role is ideal for someone who is used to creating and editing content for print and online. This is a full-time, remote working role where the necessary working equipment will be provided. This is a wide-ranging role which will involve working closely with other internal departments including marketing and Development Editors.
Some key responsibilities will involve:
- Working closely with colleagues to inform the learning design decision-making process
- Write, design and proof course materials
- Identify suitable authors and commission and manage associated contracts.
- Copy edit content, and make ready for production
- Liaise with the Project Manager to ensure that the qualifications are ready for launch – and that regular reporting is available to key stakeholders throughout the development process.
- Meet regularly with the Project Manager, Content Editor Tech Teams and Marketing Team across the organisation to share best practice, support each other, define organisational standards, enhance provision, and to work on organisation-wide projects.
The successful person will be educated to degree level or equivalent and will possess a solid knowledge of the editorial process. You will have demonstrable experience of commissioning content or developing learning materials for a variety of channels and an understanding of the requirements for effective online learning. The Commissioning Content Editor will also have the ability to assess the suitability of content for its intended target audience and reshape it where necessary. Strong copyediting experience and the ability to proofread print and digital content is essential. You should have the ability to work well under pressure, managing a demanding workload a solid grasp of SEO and what makes for valuable copy that is well structured for users.
For further information please send your CV and a short cover letter, outlining your interest and salary expectations.