We have partnered with a fantastic STEM Education publishing services organisation with a rewarding mission on helping them to find a Content Editor (STEM) to join their rapidly growing, friendly and supportive team. The role offers flexible, hybrid, office (Cheltenham), or remote working along side a competitive salary and a great opportunity to build a long term successful career in educational publishing.
This newly established and already highly successful educational publishing services organisation are looking for a STEM Content Editor to take on a varied and hands-on role, where responsibilities will include (amongst others):
- Writing, editing and proof-reading educational content in Science and Maths.
- Building, illustrating, editing and producing audio and video content, using Adobe Creative Suite and other professional software packages (for which on-the-job training would be provided where necessary).
- Managing and scheduling your own projects and workload.
- Working with publishers and your internal colleagues to design, develop and commission new educational content.
- Taking a proactive role in always working to improve the efficiency and quality of internal processes, workflows and methodologies, and by extension being part of helping the company continue to grow.
- Planning and working on personal self-development projects.
The successful STEM Content Editor will have strong STEM subject knowledge (including A-level or equivalent in Maths and at least one Science) and a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Maths, a Science, or a related field. The Content Editor will have excellent written communication skills, a strong grasp of grammar and the ability to write in a clear, concise and easy-to-understand manner. You'll possess a passion for education and helping students get the most out of their learning materials and be a motivated, organised and adaptable team player keen to get involved with a variety of tasks. To find out more about this exciting opportunity to join an innovative and agile education company with a rewarding mission, get in touch ASAP!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.