Content Researcher | Academic | London. Our client, a global market-leading academic and educational services publisher, is working on an exciting programme digitising a major library's primary resource collection. They are looking for a Content Researcher with an interest in history and culture to research at a major library based in Central London. This fantastic role will involve investigating collections for digital resources that support academic research and teaching in specific subject areas. The role will require the Content Researcher to investigate collections identified by the Publisher and assist the Publisher in identifying additional collections that support the company's product strategy.
The successful candidate will be required to research key details of identified collections such as size of collection, type or range of types of content, state of conservation / suitability for digitization and nature of binding.
Key responsibilities include:
* Complete other similar research tasks related to the scoping of new products
* Be alert, and make Publisher aware of, any other new product ideas or content which come to light during research or discussions with curators.
* Create inventories of selected content, recording key details of the collections in a flexible and user-friendly format.
* Resolve miscellaneous queries using online or physical catalogues
* Investigate similar content in other local libraries as requested
The successful candidate will have the following experience, knowledge and skills:
* Educated to degree level or above
* Fluent written and spoken English
* Experience in archival research, academic research, or picture research
* Experience in using online archives of primary sources (manuscripts, printed books or newspapers)
* Experience of working with librarians, archivists or curators
* Proficient with standard Microsoft Office software, including Excel
* Demonstrable passion for history and culture
* Ability to assess collections from a commercial perspective
* Meticulous attention to detail and thorough approach to all work
If you are looking for an exciting new challenge and have excellent communication and research skills, do get in touch!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
**Inspired Selection operates an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.