Our client is an Independent Publisher of trade and scholarly non-fiction and fiction books about politics, with offices in London. They are now looking to hire a Contracts Executive to come and join the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is ambitious about taking their career to the next level in Contracts within publishing. The role will be responsible for drafting and updating all author contracts. You will be working closely with long-standing authors of the publishers, and so we will be looking for strong skills in managing authors, diplomacy, efficiency, communication and negotiation skills.
We are looking for skills and experience from the preferred candidates as follows:
- Experience in drafting and negotiating contracts from templates and free form
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- A proficiency in basic mathematics and Excel.
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Very well organised and able to manage a busy work load
- Motivated and demonstrate that you are proactive and a self-starter
- Experience in publishing would be advantageous but not essential
- Strong understanding of contracts law
- An interest in book publishing and social justice
Our client offers an incredible benefits programme and a supportive and friendly environment to work in.
Our client commits to embrace diversity and candidates with diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.