Do you have experience in drafting and negotiating contracts? Would you like to work in a flexible hybrid working role, in a friendly and collaborative team? We are looking for an experienced Contracts professional, to work for a successful independent publisher based in London. This role offers hybrid working, with the flexibility to work a lot of the time from home, but candidates will need to be based in the UK.
The Contracts Executive will be responsible for negotiating, drafting and processing contracts for new acquisitions and translations as well as any revisions. You will liaise with external and internal teams to resolve queries, and will be responsible for processing and distributing royalty statements on an annual basis.
Some of the key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Drafting contracts in accordance with the agreement discussed with Editorial, templates, the costings module
- Check head contracts provided by agents against the agreement as discussed with Editorial, templates, the costings module
- Draft, check and amend designated translation and subsidiary rights contracts as required
- Process signed contracts and resolve queries from Editorial, authors, agents, accounts etc.
- Check, negotiate and amend publisher release forms
- Update contracts as instructed, drafting reversion agreements.
The successful person will have proven experience in drafting and negotiating contracts from templates and free-form and will have an understanding of contracts law, ideally (this is not essential). You should have meticulous attention to detail and possess great communication skills as you will be dealing with a wide range of external stakeholders, including authors and agents. You will have the ability to remain calm under pressure as well as having the ability to prioritise your work.
If you would like to work in a friendly, collaborative team where there is the opportunity to develop your skills and experience and learn about the publishing industry then please do get in touch.
For further details, please send your CV and a short cover note.