CONTRACTS EXECUTIVE - Thames & Hudson
- Full time, 12-months fixed term contract
- Salary: £28,000 – 30,000, depending on experience
- Hybrid working potential, based in Central London (Holborn)
- Closing date: 10 July 2022
Thames & Hudson is the leading publisher of illustrated books on visual arts, history, fashion and popular culture, and includes titles published in association with brands, institutions and museums worldwide. In addition our children’s books list is also expanding and we have recently launch a new imprint called Skittledog which is focused on creativity and lifestyle books and gifts.
We are seeking an experienced and commercially-minded Contracts Executive to work on a wide range of contractual and rights issues across the international T&H group.
Principal responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, drafting and where appropriate, negotiating:
- for the Commissioning Editors: author and contributor contracts and addenda; reversion letters; and termination letters
- for the International Rights department: addenda to licences and bulk-sale agreements
- bought-in agreements with established co-publishers
- sales and distribution agreements.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Contracts Manager
- Drafting Terms and Conditions for competitions and social media giveaways
- Assisting with online piracy and copyright infringements
- Supporting the permissions department and providing advice when required
- Advising and answering queries from the Contracts Assistant.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in the Legal, Contracts or Rights department within an illustrated publishing house
- Solid knowledge of contracts, copyright and royalty structures
- Detailed understanding of co-edition publishing
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, and database systems
- Self-motivated and organised with the ability to prioritise workload effectively and multitask under pressure
- Excellent command of English spelling and grammar, and a meticulous eye for detail
- Confidence and professionalism when communicating with colleagues and external third-parties both verbally and in writing
- Reliable, trustworthy and discreet.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a creative, friendly and collaborative team, whilst gaining experience working on a diverse range of contracts and issues.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements above to Alice Craddock, firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is Sunday 10 July 2022.
Some of the benefits of working with us:
Apart from working with a highly talented and creative bunch of people, we offer:
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Profit share scheme
- Interest free loan for rent deposit or season travel ticket
- Discounts off our lovely T&H books and co-editions
- Generous pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Film Club