Internal Sales / Business Development
Having started life as a sole distributor for rock climbing guidebooks published by the largest climbing clubs in the UK, the business now includes distribution of titles encompassing all outdoor activities. While climbing remains at our core we've seen cycling books flourish in the last few years and who'd heard of kayak fishing 10 years ago?
Cotswold Outdoor, Waterstones, Amazon and Stanfords are among our major accounts and with over 1,000 trade accounts and 30 new titles every month the INTERNAL SALES/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT person will join our small team and ensure the right customers get the right titles. To do this you’ll need to be thoroughly organised, persistent and enthusiastic, and comfortable working with both data and people. This is primarily an office based role and duties include;
- Maintaining and developing existing customer relationships via phone, email and meetings.
- Digital Marketing (including Amazon Marketing, newsletters)
- Updating e-tailers with product information and electronic data.
- Selling new titles to existing customers with particular focus on the book trade.
- Upkeep of bibliographic data
- Accountability to Directors for sales results
- Preparation of sales and marketing action plans in conjunction with company Director/s.
With natural enthusiasm and an aptitude for developing customer relationships, the ideal INTERNAL SALES/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT person will have the following skills and experience.
- A proven record in sales.
- A professional manner and a flair for developing and maintaining customer based relationships.
- Ensuring good dialogue with key suppliers.
- Ability to interpret sales data from our customer database.
- Accurate database management.
- Word, Excel and Access proficiency.
In addition the successful person will;
- Be driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on customer service and business profit.
- Be a natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- An interest in outdoor activities is advantageous but not essential
- A history within the booktrade/gift sector would also be an advantage.
Terms and conditions
Pay: £24,000 + (depending on experience)
Contract: Permanent upon successful completion of a probationary period
Holiday: 22 days holiday plus statutory days per annum
Hours: Full or Part time with some home working possible.