One of the Worlds’ leading STM Societies is looking to appoint a Country Manager in Japan to maintain and develop key stakeholder relationships in the region and to deliver planned revenues primarily for their publishing business.
The key objective of this role is to develop and maintain an exceptionally influential network of contacts within the Japanese chemical science community and manage this network to increase the awareness and impact of the society’s publishing activities. Accountabilities will include:
- Lead role in development and implementation of international strategy for Japan and South Korea, focusing on publishing programme
- Oversee and facilitate the planning and implementation of partnerships programme, membership, and event activities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with key organisations in Japan and South Korea including societies, universities and institutes, industry and government organisations connected to science, research & innovation
- Identify new publishing and related commercial opportunities
- Promote and represent the Society, leading and extending activities to raise profile
- Ensure effective delivery of agreed projects, objectives, KPIs whilst operating within budget
- Manage and develop regional team to ensure long term business sustainability
- Lead by example and create a culture of excellence in accordance with core values.
Suitable candidates will have connections with societies, universities and institutes, industry and government organisations connected to science, research & innovation in Japan. A good understanding of STM journals publishing is essential. Post-graduate level of education, ideally in Physical Sciences, is desired. Line management and commercial leadership including P&L is required.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and strong benefits.
To apply for this position, click on the Apply Now button below or send your CV to email@example.com quoting the reference TP 646. For an initial, confidential discussion please call us on +441223632510.
Early applications are preferred.
Referral Scheme - Telfer Partners offer a referral reward if we fill this vacancy with someone you recommend. You can send us contact details of anyone you would like to recommend to firstname.lastname@example.org.