Senior Manager – Courses & Operations (Maternity Cover - full-time, or four days per week subject to discussion)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Curtis Brown Creative, the UK’s only agent-led creative writing school.
Reporting to and working closely with the Managing Director, you will be responsible for managing the delivery of our rolling programme of courses and the operations of our day-to-day business, at an exciting time of growth for the company. You will head up the Courses management team (five people) and will play a key role in developing new projects and representing the company and its values.
You’ll be joining Curtis Brown Creative’s eight-person team to work initially from home, with daily Zoom meetings, plenty of contact through good communications systems, and a busy schedule of online courses to deliver. We’ll be working from home full-time until circumstances allow us to return to working some of the time in our central London offices. You’ll be working with Curtis Brown Creative’s tutors (all published authors), the Curtis Brown and C&W book agents and some of their clients, and with the many aspiring writers from all over the world who enrol on our courses.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience of working in publishing or literary agenting, higher education (creative writing/literature), arts administration, or as a professional writer with teaching/managerial experience
- Confident, clear and sensitive communication skills
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Strong managerial and administrative skills and attention to detail in your work
- The ability to work under pressure and with interruptions
- Commercial/Business sense/acumen
- It would be useful if you have experience of line-managing staff; budgeting; using social media and website CMS
- A creative thinker
- Innovative and energetic
- An avid reader with good knowledge of the publishing industry
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic, able to work effectively from home
- A confident, warm personality – a person who inspires trust
- Someone who is enthusiastic to contribute positively to our small team and the broader group (Curtis Brown Group).
Why choose us?
Curtis Brown Creative is part of The Curtis Brown Group, a combined agency, production and management group.
- We are a passionate group of people who love what we do and love working with each other
- We care about employee wellbeing and offer free yoga and personal training classes, and social club outings to relax and unwind together (currently on Zoom)
- We also offer season ticket loans, a bike to work scheme, enhanced pension contribution up to 5% of your base salary, and private healthcare (after 2 years’ service)
Start date – 1 June 2021
Applications close – 8 April 2021 – 12 noon
Salary – Competitive salary and attractive benefits package
You can find more information about this role, including details of how to apply, on our website: www.curtisbrowncreative.co.uk/two-job-vacancies-at-curtis-brown-creative
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during the interview process.
You must have the right to work in the UK.