Translation Rights Executive/Assistant (Books Department)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an entry-level Translation Rights Executive/Assistant to join the Translation Rights (Book) department. This role will support one of our Translation Rights Agents on their exciting authors across the Curtis Brown list.
This role gives an ideal opportunity for a books enthusiast to use their excellent communication and administrative skills to discover more about international publishing, build excellent knowledge and contacts within the industry and contribute positively to the whole department.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Great organisation skills and can prioritise effectively
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail in your work
- Ability to manage a sometimes heavy but varied workload
- Ability to write good copy for the website(s) and digital catalogues
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written, with a great phone and email manner
- Good record-keeping and are confident in establishing and implementing new systems
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and to tight deadlines, without compromising on quality
- Experience of using social media
- Some previous experience of working in an office environment
- A team player who is able to contribute positively to the whole department
- Someone who loves reading a wide range of authors
- Someone adaptable
- Someone who is highly motivated with a strong work ethic – and stamina, as you may be expected to work some additional hours, for example during Book Fair periods
- A confident, warm personality – a person who inspires trust and can instil this sense in our clients
- Someone with a flexible approach to problems – a person who can learn quickly
- Passionate and knowledgeable about books
Why choose us?
We are a passionate group of people who love what we do and love working with each other.
We offer an extensive list of benefits designed to meet your needs for today and in the future, including: free yoga and personal training classes, many health and wellbeing tools and resources, eyecare vouchers, a bike to work scheme, season ticket loans, private healthcare (after 2 years’ service), a retail discounts portal, various employee groups to get involved in, and much more!
We’ll be working from home until such time as circumstances allow us to return to working in our central London offices, and we will be open to considering flexible working arrangements within the UK.
We aim to build a creative environment that celebrates the differences of our clients and colleagues, offering equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, socio-economic background, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin. In our role as conduits and champions of cultural expression we are conscious of our responsibility to reflect the world around us. This means making a considered effort to create an inclusive culture in the workplace and promote opportunities for the broadest possible range of talent. We welcome all applications from people with interesting ideas, skills and experience.
Start date –1st September 2021
Applications close – 9am Monday 9th August 2021
Salary – £24,000 - £25,000 per annum and attractive benefits package
You can find more information about this role, including details of how to apply, on our website: https://www.curtisbrown.co.uk/page/jobs
Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during the interview process.
You must have the right to work in the UK.