An exciting new position has arisen for a Custom Publishing and Licensing Manager with the English Language Teaching (ELT) division of a leading global Education Publisher. This role will be responsible for the successful delivery of Custom Publishing projects and will lead on all of the Licensing for third-party licensing deals in addition to intercompany deals. Supporting the Head of Custom Publishing in liaising with the regional sales teams, you will ensure that projects are financially viable, meeting customer expectations and are meeting deadlines. Managing the London based Custom team, you will ensure that projects meet publication dates and that they are to the required standard. Working with senior managers, you will help develop global licensing policies, processes and systems for managing licensing for third-party and intercompany deals.
Required skills include:
- In-depth understanding of publishing processes for print and digital
- Broad understanding of the global ELT market
- Ability to organise/manage teams
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Able to work well under pressure: maintaining quality of work and positive attitude with colleagues
- Flexible approach and the ability to adapt to fast-paced, changing environments
- Managing budgets and preparing project P&Ls
- Prior print and digital licensing experience, preferably in a book publishing role, with a good understanding of different licensing models and methods
- Good knowledge of copyright and related intellectual property law
This position will need to have extensive experience in project managing as well as experience of managing teams across different locations. Your experience of designing and implementing workflows and managing publishing information systems will be vital.
If you would like to see further details on this exciting role, please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your interest and salary expectations.