Daunt Books Publishing is Hiring
We are looking for a person to join our small team of three. This is an exciting role for someone who is ready to take the next step in their career and who has the flair and passion to thrive at a successful and ambitious independent literary imprint.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, meticulous, unflappable and hands-on, with a solid knowledge of the publishing industry.
- Working with the Publisher on all aspects of running the imprint and the Daunt and Daunt Originals lists
- Commissioning books for both lists (backlist and new titles), as well as supporting the acquisition and publication of other titles
- Seeing titles through the publishing process from the acquisition and contract stage to editing, production and cover design, marketing and publicity, and sales; and being able to liaise with various departments and freelancers
- Working with the Publicist to plan publicity and marketing campaigns for individual titles
- Writing excellent copy for cover copy, AIs and sales presentations
- Compiling sales reports and calculating royalties
- Overseeing stock levels at our warehouse and shops
- Maintaining and growing the imprint’s digital presence
- Bookselling when required i.e. the Christmas period, developing familiarity with the market and company (no prior bookselling experience required)
Essential skills include:
- Industry experience (3 years minimum), including some in editorial
- Good awareness of Daunt Books Publishing titles and a commitment to literary fiction and non-fiction, with a sharp commercial eye
- Established relationships within the industry, including agents and scouts
- Ability to present and speak confidently at sales conferences, general meetings and events
- Highly efficient and organised, flexible and energetic, with the ability to multitask under pressure in a small team
- Clear and innovative strategic thinking; ability to take a proactive approach to commissioning and originating new ideas and projects
- Creative marketing skills, with an eye for design
- Ability to work within specified budgets
This is not an entry level job. Title dependent on experience. Salary range £27,000 to £30,000 per annum. The role is full time and is based at our London office in Kentish Town.
Deadline: 11th February 2022
Please email C. V. and covering letter to Rebecca Le Fevre: firstname.lastname@example.org.