David Higham Associates is looking for a Foreign Tax Assistant to join our large and efficient Accounts Team for three days a week to work across DHA’s internationally renowned list of authors and Estates. We would welcome applications from candidates who are able to work three days a week but would also be open to flexibility for the right candidate.
Essential skills / experience:
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Experience in a similar role at a literary agency or a publisher
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative, team-focused approach
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure
- Knowledge of Bradbury Phillips royalties software highly desirable, but not essential
Core responsibilities will include:
- Sending double taxation forms for various different countries to authors and the Inland Revenue
- Liaising with authors (or their accountants) to assist with their tax paperwork
- Chasing authors on their outstanding tax papers
- Keeping up-to-date with any changes in foreign tax legislation that impact on tax exemption requests
- Raising foreign advances invoices
Our offices are located in Soho, but the position is open to flexible working.
DHA welcomes and encourages applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. All applicants will be considered on merit.
To apply, email your CV and a covering letter via email to Brian Statt at David Higham Associates (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include your name in the subject line of the email. We offer expenses for travel to London to attend interviews. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments during the interview process. Closing date: 3rd February 2022 at 11.59pm