Translation Rights Executive
DHA is looking for a proactive, creative and organised Rights Executive to join its Children’s Translation Team.
Working across a market-leading list of Children’s and Young Adult authors, including Jacqueline Wilson, Anne Fine, Michael Morpurgo, Jonathan Stroud, Diana Wynne Jones and Richard Adams, with a focus on brand management and licensing for The Roald Dahl Story Company. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience of translation rights looking to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate will have a sharp eye for detail and will be confident managing a high volume of work. You’ll be a fast and discerning reader with an awareness of international book trends and a keen interest in children’s literature. You will be comfortable managing your own workload and successfully prioritising. Excellent communication skills are central to success in the role.
We are a dynamic, busy team so a can-do, collaborative attitude and a willingness to pitch in are very important. Knowledge of a second language is helpful but not necessary.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Liaising with primary agents about material, upcoming titles and submission strategies
- Managing submissions across territories, both direct and co-agented
- Negotiating deal terms and knowledge of translation contracts
- Communicating with clients about offers, jackets, publication strategy, international interviews and festivals etc.
- Designing rights guides, sales documents and marketing materials
- Website and database management
- Preparing for and attendance at relevant book fairs
- Regular catch-ups with Primary Agents and Translation Team
- Responsible for client care and communications around translation activities and deals
- Managing publication process for our clients in markets responsible for
- Proactive stance re: audio rights, including streaming and subscription
- Sales trips and attending book fairs
- Developing relationship with scouts
- Communicating with Accounts Departments to ensure timely payments
- Any other duty as required by the Head of Rights commensurate with the post
We are offering a salary of £30,000-£34,000 depending on experience. The role is full-time and will be based in our Soho offices for at least 3 days per week, with the option of remote working for the other 2 days.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter (outlining your suitability for the role with reference to the specifications above) to Allison Cole, Head of Rights (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include contact information for two referees and details of your salary and notice period (if applicable).
DHA reserves the right to close the application process early if we have found the right candidate.
DHA welcomes applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. All applicants will be considered on merit.
For further information about the agency, please visit: https://www.davidhigham.co.uk/.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 8th November 2023.