Part-Time Freelance Administrator
DRF PART-TIME FREELANCE ADMINISTRATOR
The Deborah Rogers Foundation is seeking to recruit a part-time freelance administrator for its DRF Writers Award, awarded every two years, and the annual David Miller Internship Programme. The DRF is a registered charity which seeks out and supports emerging talent in the publishing world by means of the awards.
The role's main duties include:
* liaising and communicating between the DRF Board and its main partners including judges, writers, partner organisations, literary agents and publishers across the DRF Writers Award and David Miller Internship Programme
* administering and co-ordinating the intern programmes, including recruitment, plan schedules, travel arrangements, accommodations if needed
* organising award events and parties, including guest list, venue and catering
* drafting and circulating press releases
* co-ordinating social media and updates to DRF website
* other projects and tasks as they arise.
The successful candidate will be highly organised, have strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a keen eye for detail, and will be positive and self-starting in their approach to their work. Ideal candidates will have an interest in reading and publishing, along with some previous experience in the book industry.
The role will report to the Chair of the DRF Board, and will work closely with the management committees of the DRF Writers Award and David Miller Internship Programme.
The role will be based on one day a week, with an expectation that this will be weighted depending on busyness at certain periods.
Freelance fees will be based on full-time equivalent of £30,000- £40,000 depending on experience.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Cara Jones: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is 31st March 2023
The Deborah Rogers Foundation welcomes applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation or age. All applications will be considered on merit.