We have a fantastic opportunity for Deputy Managing Editor to join a Scientific journals Publisher in London. You will assist the Managing Editor in editing, publishing, and developing their journal.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading a team of editors to ensure they produce content to standard and offering support where needed (checking edited papers, evaluating output)
- Significant copy-editing of articles, ensuring quality
- Checking house style, author guidelines and publishing policies
What you’ll have:
- Solid experience within an STM journal publishing environment (with knowledge of peer review)
- Degree in a biological science
- Strong editorial skills and proof-reading experience
- Ability to coordinate a team of scientific editors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
If that sounds like you, please get in touch with Claire Carrington- Smith at email@example.com or on 020 3574 4431.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.