We are looking for an experienced and creative illustrated book Design Manager to join a trade publisher in Oxford, working on Adult and Children’s books. This is an exciting opportunity to work on and manage a range of illustrated books at a publisher of Christian Faith titles.
- Responsible for all aspects of book design for a variety of colour and mono illustrated titles
- Lead on design and oversee designers (predominantly out of house)
- Designing covers, interiors and layout
- Commissioning, briefing and art directing illustrators and other designers/agencies/photographers
- Researching illustrators and appropriate images from a design brief
- Digital asset management including preparing and checking files for print
- Represent the design function within the company and to the broader publishing community
Experience / skills required:
- Solid design experience in colour illustrated books is essential
- Creative skills to find interesting ways to present information and to generate new ideas
- Experience of commissioning/managing illustrators and freelancers and supplier management
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CS Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Understanding of html and ecommerce transactions would be helpful
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and a creative approach to work
Please note that the successful candidate needs to be a Christian or sympathetic to of the aims of the company, which is an occupational requirement as permitted in accordance with schedule 9, part 1of the Equality Act 2010
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Claire Law
Tel: 0203 574 4423
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.