We have a great Designer vacancy to join a highly renowned trade publisher of adult and children's books. They are looking for someone to design the book covers for their commercial adult's titles. Our client is looking for one designer with strong market awareness and a great understanding of adult non-fiction books. The role is permanent, full-time and offers hybrid working options (2 days a week in the London office).
The role would be reporting to the Art Director. Your duties will include:
- Creating the designs for book covers to brief across the range of lists and genres
- Working with the creative studio manager and across departments
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to the highest standard
- Making sure the artwork is ready for press and supplied according to the in-house printing style
- Presenting the books covers in meetings
- Engaging with market trends and building commercial awareness of various genres to be able to conceive innovative designs
You will be experienced in book design in adult's commercial non-fiction publishing and you will be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. You will be highly organised and can manage multiple tasks. You will ideally have strong communication skills, bringing a positive and creative outlook whilst working with other departments such as editorial and production.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.