Are you a passionate books designer, or senior designer looking for a new role where you can use your creativity producing beautiful, highly illustrated books? Our client is a highly successful media/book publishing organisation, and is looking for a highly motivated and passionate books designer to work on high-quality publications for prestigious brands and major national events as well as smaller format printed materials, online content and e-publications.
This is a fast-paced and challenging role which will involve working as part of a small team of designers and is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced designer to work on an increasing variety of highly illustrated titles.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing editorial and advertorial content to a set template
- Work with the commercial team to create marketing/sales media packs
- Layout business proposals written by the commercial team
- Understand and action design briefs from senior team members
- Take direction on graphic design for publishing projects
- Work with senior team members to help develop design templates for books and ebooks
- Design promotional materials such as print advertisements or digital banners
- Work with editorial team to ensure content is ready, designed and approved within deadline
This is a fabulous role for a talented books designer with an eye for detail and an extensive portfolio to showcase their talent in this exciting new design role.
We are looking for a books designer with at least 3 plus years’ experience in highly illustrated book design. Proven experience with Adobe Creative Suite, mainly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is essential, as is the ability to work to deadlines and multi-task.
A solid understanding of the design styles that appeal to different audiences is essential, as is a strong typographic eye with meticulous attention to detail. A good knowledge of fonts and the ability to work with third parties such as printers, web developers or clients is essential
For further details of this lovely design role, please forward your CV, salary expectations and a link to your portfolio.